Friday, September 16, 2011

New Blog, Dog

Hey you, internet lookers!

My name is Dave and I'm hella exuberant about life and the pursuit of happiness. I'm looking down the barrel of an awesome life-changing year in Indonesia. I set up this blog so y'all can follow along with me in my adventures!

I leave on Sunday for Jakarta for a few days, then to the Central Javanese city of Surakarta AKA Solo. I'll be there for a year studying gamelan music, the traditional music of the area. Solo city has it's own style. Video.

I'm also going to be bringing my bike with me and hope to tour around Java and Bali. I'm super excited about this cultural experience, travel is something I've always been interested in, but at the same time always had an excuse for why I couldn't do it. When I do something I tend to go all the way, so how's this for getting out of California! I can't wait to try all the amazing tropical fruits I've only heard of, and some I've only had imported. As of now, I'm planning on continuing my simple raw vegan diet... but who knows what'll happen!

Here are some pictures from (my Gamelan Group in Berkeley) Sari Raras' wayang kulit (shadow puppet) performance Spring 2011:

 With Pak Midiyanto, who I've been studying with since 2004:
 My first teacher Pak Heri Purwanto (back in the states for a month) and I:
:

3 comments:

  1. You are made for this! Fly around and hold hands with all the ghosts! And then come home and bring us ghosts. HELLOYES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I remember when the 100 days 100% LFRV started up! I can't wait to see more from your upcoming adventures!

    ReplyDelete